Sunday, May 24, 2009

Removing Caffeine from Green Tea


If you are like me and want to get the health benefits of green tea without having to remember to boil water and drink the recommended daily amount of tea, then you are in luck because you can get these benefits without caffeine in green tea.

I began looking into green tea after I started to notice that it was getting more attention on the television, newspaper, and radio. So, I decided to do some research and find out what I can about this thing that they were saying was so good for you.

It was nice to know that there was a long list health benefits for green tea and that there are even more and more studies being done on it. I soon found out why it was so popular, for starters it has been around for thousands of years in Asia and India.

Green Tea has been used in traditional Chinese and Indian medicine to control bleeding, heal wounds, stimulant, regulating body temperature, and improve heart health. It has gained so much attention that it is being extensively studied in animals, people, and the laboratory.

Tea contains powerful antioxidants called polyphenols. The green version contains the highest concentration of polyphenols. These antioxidants attack the free radicals that are in our bodies. Free radicals are in our bodies naturally and from environmental conditions such as toxins, sun, radiation, smoke, and air pollution.

I learned that scientists have also been able to remove the caffeine in green tea and make an extract form of the tea. This is great for people with a busy lifestyle who simply do not have the time to drink tea. In short, you do not need caffeine in green tea to get all the health benefits.

The extract can then be put into capsule form and you take it once a day like a vitamin. In fact, it has been added to multivitamins which can remove the need to take a separate pill to get these health benefits.
In my research, I found out that the higher the concentration of polyphenols the better the product. There are many different companies on the market with a wide range of concentrations of polyphenols. In fact, my multivitamin is labeled as 98% Polyphenols.

My advice is to find a well known company that has the high quality polyphenols on the label. I love the product that me and my family use and would tell anyone to use it as well. Do yourself a favor a visit my webpage to find out more about improving your lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment